With OPERATION: LOCH NESS finished and delivered to Severed Press, and OPERATION: SYRIA set up as my winter project, I’ll have written six of these S-Squad books in two years.
And I’m still having fun. After the disappointments of DarkFuse and Dark Renaissance going under, and the fact that my Sigils and Totems idea hasn’t grabbed many of you the way it grabbed me, fun is exactly what was needed.
I was in a funk for a bit, a combination of life circumstances, turning 60, the afore mentioned publishers closing, and having a few hits to my confidence at once, but I’m slowly coming out of it, thanks in the main to the S-Squad lads, and the fact that THE GREEN AND THE BLACK is being well received, as was THE GHOST CLUB earlier in the year.
A look at what’s in the pipe also cheered me up.
Coming up I have:
- Operation: Loch Ness – Severed Press
- Operation: Syria – Severed Press
- Carnacki: The Keys to the Door collection – Dark Regions Press
On the shorter work, there’s a bunch of anthology appearances (I just need one of these to take me over 100 in the ‘wall’ )
- Operation Severn / Prehistoric / Severed Press
- Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation / Tales from Arkham Asylum/ Dark Regions Press
- Blacktop / I Am The Abyss / Dark Regions Press
- Tumshie / Halloween Haunts / Dark Regions Press
- Nocturnes and Lacunae / Transmissions From Punktown / Dark Regions Press
- Something for the Weekend? / Voices in the Darkness / Ulthar Press
- Into the Light / Their Coats All Red / 18th Wall Productions
- The Color From The Deep / Summer of Lovecraft / TBA
- Carnacki: Bats in the Belfry / Tails of Terror / Golden Goblin Press
Before Operation: Syria, I’ve got a couple of stories to write for anthology invitations, and a nice new invite just came in this morning.
Plus there’s a historical fantasy trilogy I’ve been working on with another (much more famous than me) writer, my first full-length collaboration, and it’s getting near to be done. More on that as and when I can.
So although I was thinking things aren’t that great, counting my blessings, and writing this down, has done the trick.
Onward and upward!