The Lovecraft Bundle
Curated by Nick Mamatas
H. P. Lovecraft is undoubtedly one of the most influential writers of the pulp era, leaving an indelible mark on the last hundred years of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Not only is Lovecraft a central element of genre fiction today, he has ascended to the heights of mainstream literature, thanks to editions of his stories published by the definitive Penguin Classics and Library of America lines. Lovecraft was also a cult writer whose themes were explored in underground comics, in rock music, film, and fine art. And this all while being the sort of racist, anti-Semite, and homophobe that would exclude him from dinner parties…even during his own era.
For a long time, Lovecraft’s mantle was carried in the small press, where slavish pastiche and careful avoidance of his politics were rules to be carefully followed. These days, however, Lovecraftian fiction is wider and more diverse. His themes and voice are being remixed, detourned, and exploded by a new generation of writers, and his distasteful opinions critiqued and parodied. This Lovecraftian Literature bundle explores the Lovecraftian idiom in a diversity of ways, from intense erotica to beat literature, from neo-pulp fun to theological exegesis.
Among the goodies in this bundle is the World Fantasy Award-winning anthology of She Walks in Shadows edited by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, a bundle-exclusive collection Home from the Sea by pulp master William Meikle, the Pynchonesque (!) Lovecraftian military thriller duology Radiant Dawn/Ravenous Dusk by Cody Goodfellow, a real-life attempt at “keeping it R’lyeh” by examining the metaphysics of Lovecraft’s vision of the universe by Scott R. Jones…and a whole lot more!
And StoryBundle’s a cool form of alternative publishing, letting indie and small press authors join together to present bundles that pack a whole lot of reading into a price that you choose (as long as it’s $5 or above). For that $5 you get the basic bundle of six books in any ebook format. $15 (or more if you want to support the writers even further) gets you the bonus books as well. – Nick Mamatas
The initial titles in the Lovecraft Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- When The Stars Are Right by Scott R Jones
- RESONATOR: New Lovecraftian Tales From Beyond by Scott R Jones
- Gateways to Abomination by Matthew M. Bartlett
- Sword and Mythos by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Nickronomicon by Nick Mamatas
- Radiant Dawn by Cody Goodfellow
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all six of the regular titles, plus SIX more!
- Home From the Sea by William Meikle (details below)
- Priestess: The Collected Blackstone Erotica by Justine Geoffrey
- Cthulhusattva: Tales of the Black Gnosis by Scott R Jones
- She Walks in Shadows by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Move Under Ground by Nick Mamatas
- Ravenous Dusk by Cody Goodfellow
This bundle is available only for a limited time via https://storybundle.com/lovecraft.
It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books.
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price.
Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
HOME FROM THE SEA Details
In these pages you’ll find some glowing fog, some mad scientists, some tentacled things, booze, dreaming gods, cigarettes, some boats of various sizes, a bar or two, some stiff upper lips, a ghosthunter, a great detective and a multitude of universes, among other things.
Home from the Sea contains 14 tales of Lovecraftian Terror
- Carnacki: The Island Of Doctor Munroe
- The Terror that Came to Dounreay
- The Tenants of Ladywell Manor
- Carnacki: The Larkhall Barrow
- The Invisible Menace
- Sherlock Holmes: The Color that Came to Chiswick
- Professor Challenger: Ripples in the Ether
- The Doom that Came to Dunfield
- Home From the Sea
- From Between